J. Sidheshwar GUBBI Civil Engineers, Mumbai.
ELASTOMERIC COATING is a flexible protective coating based on styrene – acrylic copolymer for exterior or interior use. Applied as a liquid, it cures to form a durable, protective, waterproof membrane. It is a single component emulsion containing inert pigments and has a brushable consistency. ELASTOMERIC COATING exceeds all the requirements of a coating that resists carbonation and prevents chloride ion ingress. Elastomeric Coating is designed to waterproof exterior masonry substrates.
Primary UsesELASTOMERIC COATING is designed for the protection of concrete structures against carbonation and chloride ingress. The product is also suitable as a seamless and elastomeric waterproofing coating for timber, asbestos/fiber cement and zinc sheets, asphalt, built-up felt.
- Easily applied by roller, or brush
- Flexible – capable of bridging cracks
- Protective – barrier against salts and atmospheric gases
- High-build – masking imperfections in substrates
- Waterproof – protects concrete from waterborne salts
- U.V. stable – maintains its appearance
All concrete surfaces should be treated to achieve a sound, clean surface free from laitance, oil, grease, mould release agent, residual curing compound, dust or other contaminants that could impair adhesion.