Atlas Copco India is leading the Indian construction, infrastructure, and mining segments with its technologically advanced products, many of which have been innovated by the company. It pioneered the asymmetrical profile of the screw element which redefined compressor technology.
Atlas Copco’s portable air compressors range from 160 cfm to 1250 cfm, 7 bar to 35 bar, covering diverse applications. Its electric range of portable air compressors offers higher kw of 45 to 160 kw. The Atlas Copco brand is an undisputed leader in the above 90kw category. Its breakthrough technologies have greatly enhanced productivity and efficiency and thereby the profitability of its customers.
Key Compressor Models
- Making life of drillers easier in key application segments is the XRH 1100 PLUS. It is tailor-made for specialized applications like water well drilling, foundation drilling, coal mining, and blast-hole drilling.
- Offering reengineered technology for higher efficiency, the XAS 450-650 cfm range of portable air compressors comes in four variants. It is a new technology driver in the 450-650 cfm range of compressors and covers a wide range of applications such as blasthole drilling, shotcreting, and DSI (dimensional stone industry).
- Offering many applications in segments such as mining, roads, infrastructure, and special applications, the XAS300-100, XAS400-100 portable air compressors are upgraded versions of the current XA 157 and XA187 models.
- The XAWS 550 portable air compressor is the first to operate @ 15 Bar Pressure.
- XRHS 650 has brought in breakthrough technology in the medium air range for shallow water well drilling, where Atlas Copco is the only manufacturer to provide 300 psi in this small footprint class, with the option of dual pressure with higher flow.
- The XRS 750 is based on advanced technology for shallow water well drilling and coal mining.
- Drilling is made easier, faster, and cost effective with the XRW 1250.
The yellow box XRV 1200 has stood the test of time with more than 3000 installations that dot the borewell landscape across the length and breadth of the country, making water – the most important natural resource - more accessible. It distinguishes itself by its performance, dependability, and fuel efficiency in the water well segment, and also due to its unique characteristics:
- Discharge pressure committed is the pressure delivered @ 330 psi
- Low fuel consumption
- Faster and deeper drilling
- Drilling even at ambient temperature as high as 50 degree celsius
- All safety standards are met
- Smaller machine footprints
- Low weight.
Best LAT in its class: XRV 1200 is specifically designed to operate at 50 degree latent ambient temperature (LAT) in all kinds of weather with its closed door operation.
Low fuel consumption: XRV 1200 has a unique feature of high torque at optimum engine speed which ensures the best fuel economy. This Step Less Regulating System offers the lowest fuel consumption in its class due to the screw element efficiency.
Ensuring maximum efficiency: The synthetic oil used in the XRV 1200 is of the best quality; it not only serves as a coolant but also as a sealant between the two rotors, so there is no loss of efficiency. Since the cooler and radiator are made of aluminium, there is efficient heat dissipation, and since they are on a single panel, it enables easy maintenance.
XRV 1200 has many firsts introduced by Atlas Copco:
- It was the first company to introduce powder-coated canopies in India
- The first to increase sturdiness of the canopy by increasing the thickness
- The first to have an unloader valve
Why Atlas Copco Compressors are Market Leaders
Designed to reduce carbon footprint
- The heart of the compressor – the energy-efficient, advanced screw element, delivers high flow at committed pressure with the lowest specific fuel consumption.
- There are no emissions with electric compressors and reduced carbon footprints with the company’s new diesel compressors.
- The unique suction type unloader valve introduced by Atlas Copco (being used for decades in its compressors), enhances the coordination between engine speed, demand of flow, and operating pressures as per application demand, to increase productivity and reduce fuel consumption.
- One side service
- Close door operations
- Sound dampening canopy
- Less carbon-friendly
- No heat zones near compressors
- Compressors operate efficiently in harsh and remote environments
- Closed door and low noise operations
- Manoeuvrability in tough terrains
- Low downtime
- Common drain plug for lubricants to ensure no oil
- Wide opening of doors for ease of access to service points
- One side service for easy serviceability
- Long service intervals so the per hour cost of maintenance goes down
- Easy access to air receiver (50% less service time) due to new concept patented vessel (separator vessel)
At Atlas Copco, the service intervals are greater than that of competing brands, since the premium quality lubricants and oils used reduce the quantity of oil disposal, which also improves the environment footprint of the compressors. The company is bringing unmatched services with its advanced digital systems, which complement the traditional way of servicing by the engineers, by monitoring the health of the machines digitally.
FleetLink: The FleetLink technology from Atlas Copco enables customers to monitor and control their fleet of machines efficiently and conveniently. This intelligent system offers many possibilities to optimize fleet usage, reduce maintenance cost, and save time and money. The technology connects Atlas Copco, the customer, and the compressor with GPS functionality inbuilt in FleetLink.
Power Connect LIVE: This is a remote augmented reality-powered video assistance service that allows the technical support team to solve machine problems remotely. It was especially helpful during the pandemic when the service technicians were unable to visit customer worksites for their equipment related issues. All that the customers need is a smartphone to scan the QR code on the compressor so that they can access machine details and the service technicians can then assist them in problem solving - anytime and anywhere.
PACE technology: PACE stands for Pressure Adjusted through Cognitive Electronics. Features include:
- Electronically controlled Pressure Regulating Valve
- Pressure set via intuitive XC2003 controller
- Any 2 set points between minimum and maximum operating pressure
- Power margin safeguarded by matching engine speed with working pressure and flow
- Easy to set up 2 set points
- Easy to switch between 2 pre-set pressure points
- Real time operating parameter display on main screen
- Easy troubleshooting
- Easy to maintain compressor running log
Dual pressure regulating system with flick of a button:
- Placed in the machine’s Control Panel
- Simple operation through Toggle Switch to change pressure from 250 PSI to 300 PSI
- Helps utilize the compressor more efficiently
- Results in faster drilling when water back pressure is encountered
- Not available with any other brand
Making ‘Make in India’ Possible
All Atlas Copco water well compressors are localised products - designed specifically for the Indian market and manufactured in India. As per the company’s Make in India mission, it has a large ratio of local components and 100% locally developed products to meet local application needs.
While most of the manufacturing units are investing in expansions, Atlas Copco is looking at more efficient methods of production and increasing manufacturing capacity within the existing resources. Atlas Copco had invested in a greenfield factory a few years ago, wherein it had introduced the latest manufacturing technology for higher production. This 19000 sqm plant in Chakan (Pune) is built as per LEED (Leadership in Environmental Energy and Design) and has a rainwater harvesting system and solar panels for powering the plant, based on IGBC rating standards. The high-tech XRV 1200 water well compressor and some other critical products are manufactured here.
With a presence across 180 countries, Atlas Copco focuses on continuous innovations, including engines, and on ways to reduce the carbon footprint of their products, while improving customer productivity and profitability.